Sunday, October 23, 2011

31 for 21 - Day 23 - Praying for Mason

I've written about our friend Mason before.  He and Joey have a lot in common- Down syndrome, cystic hygromas and hydrops in utero and now heart surgery of similar issues.

Mason had his heart surgery not that long ago and is having complications, so we need to rally our prayers again for this little miracle boy who is facing some very serious and tough heart complications.

If you think about today, please say a little prayer that Mason gets better very soon and that his doctors are able to help heal him.  All of your prayers are needed and appreciated.

Here is the latest from Mason's blog:


Mason had another echo yesterday.
Dr. G said that the fluid is still roughly the same. He didnt think it had increased or decreased. Then he sighed and said we have a new problem. The fluid around the heart is starting to thicken. We were told if this continues it is life threatening. So Mason will have another echo on Monday & a consult with the surgeons at Childrens Mercy to see where to go from there. If it is still thickeing then Mason will need surgery right away. We are praying the steriods start helping and the fluid stops thickening.

We ask for your prayers this weekend. We know what the power of prayer can do!

Also I would like to put 2 little babies on the prayer request also.

First is for Baby Justice - He is a few months old, had several heart surgeries, is doing a final surgery today...if it doesn't work they will be having to face taking him off heart support. He is in surgery right now. ++++++UPDATE FOR JUSTICE++++
Sorry about the choppy updates this morning. Last night around 7 p.m. we started noticing more drainage out of the drainage tubes than there had been. This alarmed our awesome nurses and ecmo specialist so they called our surgeon and began doing med therapy. They decided they would have to go in an examine everything to see where the blood was coming from. When she went in the bleeding had stopped, probably due to the therapy, but she noticed the shunt was clotted again. With his state of being opened for 20 days now, and with having other major procedures done to his heart, and him being on ECMO 2x, they have very limited options of what they can do. All of the doctors came together and agreed if his films & eco's showed he had enough of his right heart, they would attempt 1 more procedure. It was either attempt this or turn the machine off. We are still fighting and believing so we opted to do this one last surgery. There is a very high chance that he could pass away during surgery, more higher than in the past due to all the already listed circumstances.

All that being said, we know who the great Physician is. We know that He is in control. We believe that He can and will Justice. Sara, Noah, and I do covet your prayers. Sara and I have not had much rest this week, but know where our sustaining comes from. Keep praying and keep spreading the word. We are suited up, and we are charging full speed ahead. SUIT UP!!!

Also pray for Baby Emmrie- She is 1 day older than Mason, she had the same surgery as Mason, At CMH also! She is having the same complications as Mason did but is still in the PICU.

I ask for added prayers for these babies. Mason has so many prayers going out for him that I want to "share the prayers" with these other babies that need just as many prayers as Mason.

God Bless

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! We read every comment!